Seeking a Certified Peer Support Specialist (CPSS) to work up to 30 hours per week. The qualified candidate will:
- advocate for patients with substance use disorders
- cultivate patients’ ability to make positive, informed, & independent choices
- promote and support linkages with the recovery community
- provide support and encouragement to patients and their families
- promote patient self-care and recovery maintenance
Candidates must have a High School diploma or GED, be a previous consumer of substance use disorder treatment services, and be in active recovery from an alcohol and other drug use disorder for a period of no less than two years – with at least two years of active participation in a local or national self-help group or recovery movement. Additionally, the candidates must be certified by the Department of Alcohol and Other Drug Abuse Services (DAODAS) as a Peer Support Specialist or have the ability to achieve certification immediately upon employment.
If you meet these criteria and are interested in learning more, please contact Kristin at [email protected] or 803-377-8111, ext. 7008.